Before & After Tanning
24-48 Hours Prior to Session
- Exfoliate. Exfoliate. Exfoliate.
We cannot over-stress the importance of pre-session exfoliation. 24-hours prior to your appointment, clear away any dry, dead skin cells, no less than 24-hours prior to your session.
- Protect Your Skins’ pH Levels.
Avoid using bar soaps, high pH shower products, or in shower moisturizers. These products can neutralize the DHA bronzing reaction within the skin.
- Hair Removal.
Any depilatory creams, waxing or shaving should be completed 24-hours prior to your session.
- Don’t Create Sunless Barriers.
Avoid applying anything to the skin that may act as a barrier between the sunless solution and the skin. Deep penetration of the solution is key to beautiful lasting color. Do not apply lotions, creams, or perfumes prior to session. Use deodorant sparingly.
- Remove any make-up prior to the sunless application.
- Arrive Prepared. Wear loose fitting dark colored clothing and remove jewelry. Tight clothing can rub or smear bronzers, especially around the knees, elbows, chest and waist.
- You should refrain from showering as long as possible (up to 24-hours). As with all DHA products, sunless color begins showing development approx. 4-hours after application and continues to darken for up to 24-hours. If you must shower during the 4 to 24-hours following the application, WARM WATER RINSE ONLY. The use of soap can inhibit the full development of DHA color.
- Pools and spas that utilize chlorine can cause fading.
- When showering after 24-hours, use only a mild shower gel. Refrain from using scrubs or high pH soaps as these will strip away your sunless color.